Adult Foster Care denotes personal maintenance and support services provided to an adult client by a certified caregiver. Also, Adult Foster Care is provided in conjunction with residing in a home and reflects the rhythm of life which naturally occurs while individuals exist together as a family unit.
The following Adult Foster Care services provided include:
- Basic personal care and grooming, including bathing, care of the hair, and assistance with clothing.
- Assistance with bladder and/or bowel requirements or difficulties.
- Assisting the individual with self-medication or provision of medication administration for prescribed medications and assisting the individual with health care.
- Assessing, monitoring, and supervising the individual to ensure the individual’s safety, health, and welfare.
- Incidental neighborhood errands as necessary, including accompanying the individual to medical and other appropriate appointments and accompanying the individual for walks outside the home.
- Skill development to enhance skills that may lead to greater independence in the community.